[Python-projects] pylint and astng Debian Package Issues

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Apr 26 16:47:04 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 15:22, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 April à 15:20, Sylvain Thénault wrote:

> > > This file is supposed to be provided by the python-logilab-common
> > > package (>>0.13.0-1 I think), on which python-logilab-astng depends.
> > > We may be lacking a versioned dependency here. Which version of
> > > python-logilab-common is installed on your system ?

I had python-logilab-common 0.15.1-1 installed. However...

> > the other possibility is that there is a
> > /usr/lib/pythonX.X/site-packages/logilab/ directory remaining.

Embarrassingly, I also appear to have such a directory, obviously from before
the time I started to install only Debian packages instead of doing "python
setup.py install". That directory has been removed manually.

> hum, rereading this, I feel unclear about which __init__.py file is
> missing logilab/__init__.py or logilab/astng/__init__.py ?

Well, after a removal and reinstall of python-logilab-common,
python-logilab-astng and pylint, the missing file is no longer missing.
Moreover, the old python2.4/site-packages/logilab directory no longer gets in
the way, and pylint can run.

So, I suppose it was a combination of issues, although I don't really
understand why /usr/lib/site-python/logilab didn't have an __init__.py file,
but given the conflicting python2.4 package, I can imagine that all kinds of
things might have interfered, and with that conflicting package pylint wasn't
going to work anyway.

Apologies for the false alarm! :-/

Paul