[Xml-logilab] vcalsax not fully vCal compliant

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain Thénault
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:18:39 +0200

On Monday 23 September à 17:44, Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 05:12:42PM +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> > > Actually you are right, according to the specs
> > > (http://www.imc.org/pdi/vcal-10.txt) it should be
> > > ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE, not just QUOTED-PRINTABLE. However, the file
> > > I sent along was generated by KOrganizer and it would be nice to have
> > > support for the vCal files that KOrganizer makes as well.. would it be
> > > difficult to have vCalsax recognize multilines without ENCODING= ??
> > I don't think it'ld be to much difficult but since it breaks the current
> > case (attribute_name=attribute_value), it has to be handled as a special
> > case :(. Isn't it a better solution to send a bug report do korganizer
> > developpement team ? I'ld rather prefer this !
>
> I have now sent an email to the maintainer of KOrganizer about this.
>
> However, it still means that all versions of KOrganizer prior to 3.0.3
> will produce output that is not usable by vCalsax.
>
> Perhaps a small "correction" script could be made that fixes files with
> this problem, so that it can either be run manually by the user if
> he/she has a file with this problem, or perhaps it could be integrated
> into vCalsax?
>
> I know that I would not mind letting my app run vcal files through such
> a script before running them through vCalsax..

wouldn't something like:

sed "s/DESCRIPTION;QUOTED-PRINTABLE/DESCRIPTION;encoding=QUOTED-PRINTABLE/" vcalout.vcs > newvcalout.vcs

do the trick ?

--
Sylvain Thénault

  LOGILAB           http://www.logilab.org