[Xml-logilab] vcalsax not fully vCal compliant

Anders Bruun Olsen anders@bruun-olsen.net
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:44:09 +0200

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 05:12:42PM +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> > Actually you are right, according to the specs
> > (http://www.imc.org/pdi/vcal-10.txt) it should be
> > ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE, not just QUOTED-PRINTABLE. However, the file
> > I sent along was generated by KOrganizer and it would be nice to have
> > support for the vCal files that KOrganizer makes as well.. would it be
> > difficult to have vCalsax recognize multilines without ENCODING= ??
> I don't think it'ld be to much difficult but since it breaks the current
> case (attribute_name=attribute_value), it has to be handled as a special
> case :(. Isn't it a better solution to send a bug report do korganizer
> developpement team ? I'ld rather prefer this !

I have now sent an email to the maintainer of KOrganizer about this.

However, it still means that all versions of KOrganizer prior to 3.0.3
will produce output that is not usable by vCalsax.

Perhaps a small "correction" script could be made that fixes files with
this problem, so that it can either be run manually by the user if
he/she has a file with this problem, or perhaps it could be integrated
into vCalsax?

I know that I would not mind letting my app run vcal files through such
a script before running them through vCalsax..

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41