[Xml-logilab] xmldiff functionality

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:28:15 +0100 (CET)

> > Now xmldiff is free software, if you want to contribute your missing
> > feature it will be gladly included in the next release. As stated before,
> > we do not have applications that do not care about the order of XML
> > elements, hence do not plan to implement it ourselves.
>
> Great. Again, it was a suggestion. I'm not sure why this is a difficult
> concept.

Free software does not mean you can ask us to do something we don't need
to do. It means you can do things standard software editors wouldn't let
you do, i.e. "take the source and modify it".

> I apologize any inconvinience my suggestion has caused. Thank you.

We just explained why we had not implemented and would not implement the
feature you asked for. No inconvenience caused. You're most welcome.

The easiest solution to your problem is to sort you elements before you
pretty print them and diff the resulting files. A simple XSLT would do
that sorting. <xsl:sort/> is your friend.

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)