[Python-projects] [pylint] refactoring the documentation

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Apr 11 18:27:32 CEST 2013

On 05 avril 12:59, afayolle wrote:
> On ven. 05 avril 2013 00:15:25 CEST, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> > I spent a couple hours today collecting existing documentation from
> > the website and the source tree and merging/refactoring everything
> > into a sphinx/rst document.
> >
> > You can preview it by cloning
> > http://hg.logilab.org/users/nchauvat/pylint and typing "make html" in
> > the doc/ subdirectory.
> >
> > Early comments are welcome, the docs.pylint.org website should be
> > available within the next few days.
>
> A few remarks, after building the doc and performing a quick overview:
>
> * consistency required between pylint / PyLint / Pylint when refering
> to the "product". Careful if an attempt to fix this with regexp is made
> not to break the code samples and commande line examples

I would go with Pylint as product name, it's less annoying to type than
PyLint and sounds more like a product than pylint. Other opinion ?

While we're at it: astng will be moved out from the logilab package in the
next few days. It may be a good time to give this library another name,
"ng" being nor meaningful nor fun. Any ideas ? My 0.001 cents proposal :
iast (inferable ast)