[Python-projects] Pylint nas no RPython checking support anymore?

Yassen Damyanov yassen.tis at gmail.com
Mon May 2 14:11:58 CEST 2011

Hello list,

I've seen notes some time ago that Pylint checker has an option for
examining source code for being compliant with the RPython
restrictions as defined by the pypy project (I know there is no fixed
list of restrictions, but being a moving target, current RPython is
described, more or less).

Yesterday I installed pylint 0.23 on latest Ubuntu Dekstop and there
seems to be no such support anymore. This was an (unpleasant)
surprise.

Would someone elaborate on this? What is the motive to remove it? If
pylint will not support RPython anymore -- anyone knowing another
checker that does?

Thank you in advance!
Yassen