[Python-projects] apycot

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Apr 22 09:58:49 CEST 2009

On 22 avril 09:53, Didrik Pinte wrote:

> > > Thanks Julien and Sylvain,
> > >
> > > It works now. I am one step further ;-)
> >
> > Great. Notice that we plan to make it easier to get started with apycot.
> > Don't hesitate to tell us about things that would have enhance your experience
> > (beside documentation ;)
>
> I think it is not too difficult based on the different step-by-step
> information you gave me on the mailing-list.

cool. We'll integrate that into the documentation.

> Probably that the checks in cubicweb could be replaced by a multi-select
> combo box with the list of registered checks on the server.

The problem is that we need a consistent order sometimes (eg python_test_coverage must be run after python_unittest).
But I agree that available checker names should be visible in the ui.

> It seems there is another problem now but this is related to another
> package :
[snip]
> ImportError: No module named devtools.vcslib.svn
>

> I have python-vcslib installed :

[more snip]
> ImportError: No module named common.clcommands
>
> It seems there is another import problem. python-logilab-common is
> installed on my computer but I haven't found where.

huum, I suppose you're encountering our python-central-to-python-support migration pain.
What logilab's repository are you using in your /etc/apt/sources.list ? We should check
state of python packages there... It sounds like you've a python-support based logilab-common
but a python-central logilab-devtools (and the latter is the pb). Julien, could you check this please ?