[Python-projects] apycot

Didrik Pinte lists at dipole-consulting.com
Wed Apr 22 09:53:16 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 08:52 +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> On 21 avril 22:59, Didrik Pinte wrote:
> > >
> > > You have to launch initially a pyro name server:
> > >
> > > 	% pyro-nsd start
> > >
> > > You can edit the ENABLED variable in /etc/default/pyro-nsd for
> > > permanent system init.
> >
> > Thanks Julien and Sylvain,
> >
> > It works now. I am one step further ;-)
>
> Great. Notice that we plan to make it easier to get started with apycot.
> Don't hesitate to tell us about things that would have enhance your experience
> (beside documentation ;)

I think it is not too difficult based on the different step-by-step
information you gave me on the mailing-list.

Probably that the checks in cubicweb could be replaced by a multi-select
combo box with the list of registered checks on the server.

> > So, now cubicweb runs, the apycotbot runs too. I have a configuration
> > for a project named hydroplaform in cubicweb.
> >
> > When starting the apycotclient, I got the following error :
> >
> > homer:/tmp# apycotclient start hydroplatform
> > retrieving proxy to the apycot bot... done.
> > error while queuing task hydroplatform: ("can't start test
> > hydroplatform, can't connect to apycot", 'This error occured remotely
> > (Pyro). Remote traceback is available.')
>
> by default, the apycotbot is trying to connect to the cubicweb instance,
> which is expected to have the id 'apycot' in the pyro name server.
> First of all, did you set
>
>   pyro-server = yes

That was the problem. Thanks, now cubicweb, apycotbot and apycotclient
works.

It seems there is another problem now but this is related to another
package :

2009-04-22 09:40:59 - (apycot.bot) INFO: *************** hydroplatform
error output:
2009-04-22 09:40:59 - (apycot.bot) INFO: Traceback (most recent call
last):
  File "/usr/bin/apycotclient", line 3, in <module>
    client.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apycotbot/client.py", line 263,
in run
    %s""")
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/logilab/common/clcommands.py", line
136, in main_run
    cmd_run(arg, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/logilab/common/clcommands.py", line
119, in cmd_run
    command.run(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apycotbot/client.py", line 244,
in run
    test = Test(cnxhdlr.cnx, tconfig, writer, self['checks'],
dict(self))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apycotbot/task.py", line 83, in
__init__
    config = tconfig.test_init(writer, self.tmpdir, options)
  File "/usr/share/cubicweb/cubes/apycot/entities.py", line 183, in
test_init
    self.repository().tag = additional_options['tag']
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/logilab/common/decorators.py", line
27, in cache_wrapper1
    value = callableobj(self, *args)
  File "/usr/share/cubicweb/cubes/apycot/entities.py", line 160, in
repository
    from apycotbot.repositories import get_repository
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apycotbot/repositories.py",
line 14, in <module>
    from logilab.devtools.vcslib.svn import SVNAgent
ImportError: No module named devtools.vcslib.svn

I have python-vcslib installed :

homer:/tmp# apt-cache policy python-vcslib
python-vcslib:
  Installed: 0.13.5-1
  Candidate: 0.13.5-1
  Version table:
 *** 0.13.5-1 0
        500 http://ftp.logilab.org unstable/ Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

It seems the debian packages has a small problem :

homer:/tmp# ls /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/logilab/
devtools

There is no __init__.py file in the root logilab package and thus it
can't import any of the devtools modules.

Adding an __init__.py files to /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/logilab,
gives me the following error :

homer:/usr/lib# apycotclient start hydroplatform
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/apycotclient", line 2, in <module>
    from apycotbot import client
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apycotbot/client.py", line 15,
in <module>
    from logilab.common.clcommands import Command, main_run,
register_commands
ImportError: No module named common.clcommands

It seems there is another import problem. python-logilab-common is
installed on my computer but I haven't found where.

Didrik