[Python-projects] apycot

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Apr 22 08:52:43 CEST 2009

On 21 avril 22:59, Didrik Pinte wrote:

> > You have to launch initially a pyro name server:
> >
> > 	% pyro-nsd start
> >
> > You can edit the ENABLED variable in /etc/default/pyro-nsd for
> > permanent system init.
>
> Thanks Julien and Sylvain,
>
> It works now. I am one step further ;-)

Great. Notice that we plan to make it easier to get started with apycot.
Don't hesitate to tell us about things that would have enhance your experience
(beside documentation ;)

> So, now cubicweb runs, the apycotbot runs too. I have a configuration
> for a project named hydroplaform in cubicweb.
>
> When starting the apycotclient, I got the following error :
>
> homer:/tmp# apycotclient start hydroplatform
> retrieving proxy to the apycot bot... done.
> error while queuing task hydroplatform: ("can't start test
> hydroplatform, can't connect to apycot", 'This error occured remotely
> (Pyro). Remote traceback is available.')

by default, the apycotbot is trying to connect to the cubicweb instance,
which is expected to have the id 'apycot' in the pyro name server.
First of all, did you set

  pyro-server = yes

in the /etc/cubicweb.d/<your instance id>/all-in-one.conf ? This is
necessary to let the apycotbot communicate with the cw instance.
Once done, and the instance restarted if you had to change this, your
cw instance should register itself to the name server with the id <your
instance id>. If this id is not 'apycot', you can tell to apycotbot the id
to use by specifying it in /etc/apycotbot.ini ::

  [MAIN]
  cw-app-id=<your instance id>

  [PYRO-NAME-SERVER]
  # set the pyro name server host if you don't want broadcast query to locate it
  # or if it can't be located by the broadcast query.
  pyro-ns-host=localhost

then restart the apycotbot, and you should now be able to start some tasks using
"apycotclient start".