[Python-projects] namespace packages support?

F. Oliver Gathmann gathmann at cenix-bioscience.com
Fri Apr 10 14:37:20 CEST 2009

On 10.04.2009 10:18 Uhr, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> On 09 avril 14:57, F. Oliver Gathmann wrote:
>> Hello!
>
> Hi,
>
>> I am trying to re-package a monolithic library I am maintaining into a
>> number of small, easy-installable packages, using the "namespace
>> packages" feature of setuptools. However, I am having trouble to have
>> pylint cooperate with the layout of my project.
>>
>> In looking for a solution to my problem I realized that the various
>> logilab packages make themselves heavy use of namespace packages, so I
>> investigated more closely how pylint copes with the layout of its own
>> dependent packages.
>
> well, we do that because we have to to support easy_install, but we don't use this internally since we're happy debian users.
> FYI information, there is already a ticket about namespace packages support:
> http://www.logilab.org/ticket/8796

Thank you very much for pointing that out to me! At least now I know
that I'm not misconfiguring pylint somehow.

Regards,

Oliver

F. Oliver Gathmann, Ph.D.
Director IT Unit
Cenix BioScience GmbH
Tatzberg 47                       phone: +49 (351) 4173-136
D-01307 Dresden, Germany          fax:   +49 (351) 4173-109

fingerprint: 8E0E 9A64 A07E 0D1A D302  34C2 421A AE9F 4E13 A009
public key: http://www.cenix-bioscience.com/public_keys/gathmann.gpg

Sitz der Gesellschaft (Place of Business): Dresden
Geschaeftsfuehrer (CEO): Dr. Christophe J. Echeverri
Amtsgericht (Local Court): Dresden, HRB 19964
Ust-ID (VAT-No.): DE205824437