[Python-projects] [apycot] setup.py

Didrik Pinte lists at dipole-consulting.com
Thu Apr 23 12:55:52 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

Still me, sorry for spamming the mailing list, but I guess, I am close
to a running version.

I have added a preprocessor to setup_install my package.

SetupException while running preprocessor setup_install: No file
setup.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apycotbot/task.py", line 161,
in call_preprocessor
    preprocessor.test_setup(self)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apycotbot/preprocessors/pp_setup.py",
line 66, in test_setup
    self._install(test, test.project_path())
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/apycotbot/preprocessors/pp_setup.py",
line 87, in _install
    raise SetupException('No file %s' % join(path, 'setup.py'))
SetupException: No file setup.py

But there is a setup.py file in the checkout (executing the svn checkout
--non-interactive -q -r HEAD
http://myserver/svn/myproject/src/python/trunk/ creates a trunk
directory with a setup.py in it).

Is it because of the trunk directory ?