[Python-projects] pylint bugreport: fails on a relative import

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Apr 6 18:39:05 CEST 2009

Le Tuesday 31 March 2009 20:11:45 Hans de Goede, vous avez écrit :
> Hi All,

Hi,

> Short intro: I'm a long time foss enthusiast / developer (10+ years),
> recently (6 months ago) I've started working for RedHat on the
> RHEL / Fedora installer: anaconda, which is written in python.

welcome in the wonderful python world :)

> I'm trying to use pylint to check anaconda's sources with varying
> success, and I'm hitting what I believe to be a pylint bug.

sounds like it is.

> Here is one of the messages I'm seeing which I believe are
> caused by this pylint bug:
>
> ************* Module storage.formats.swap
> F: 26: Unable to import 'devicelibs' (No module named devicelibs)
>
> The import line in question is:
> "from ..devicelibs import swap"
[snip]

I've filed a ticket with your report:

http://www.logilab.org/ticket/8878

> Note that it does also give a number of the following (somewhat scary
> messages) while processing anaconda's storage module: Exception
> RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python
> object' in <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> ignored Exception
> RuntimeError: 'maximum recursion depth exceeded in __subclasscheck__' in
> <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'> ignored

you're using python2.6 right ? If yes, this is actually a python "bug" that
should hopefully be fixed in the next release.

thank you for your report, regards,
Python et calcul scientifique:           http://www.logilab.fr/science