[Python-projects] question about pylint

Emin.shopper Martinian.shopper emin.shopper at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:58:37 CET 2007

Dear Experts,

Pylint is wonderful and I'm starting to use it a lot.

One feature I find useful is having pylint check that member variables
are defined by looking in __init__. Sometimes, however, I would like
__init__ to call various helper functions to initialize member
variables. Is there a way to communicate this to pylint? For example,
is there some special naming convention I could use (e.g.,
__init__foo, __init__bar) which would cause pylint to not warn about
member variables which are defined in those helper functions but
continue to warn about other member variables defined outside