[Python-projects] pylint / zope

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Mar 30 09:16:54 CEST 2007

On Thursday 29 March à 17:10, Miles Waller wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> Thanks for the help - I got the imports stuff mostly working (I hacked
> zopectl.py to add the extras into the pythonpath).  I'm still getting
> some errors (No name aq_base in Acquisition sounds suspicious) but it is
> working much better.  Good thinking about the try except imports, I had
> not thought of that.
>
> The idea was that by having a coverage score (i.e. number of
> methods/classes with methods not covered by any interface) we can start
> to chip away at adding and documenting our existing interfaces, and also
> just generally making them easier to understand.  In zope we use them
> mostly for generic setup export/import functionality and to register
> specific components, and that's probably going to grow over time.

pylint has no such feature (yet, at least). The only things pylint does
regarding interfaces are :
* when a class claims to implement an interface, check that the class
  actually implements all the methods defined in the interface
* check the prototype of the class method againt the prototype defined
  by the interface
Python et calcul scientifique:           http://www.logilab.fr/science