[Python-projects] pylint / zope

Miles Waller miles at jamkit.com
Thu Mar 29 18:10:06 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the help - I got the imports stuff mostly working (I hacked
zopectl.py to add the extras into the pythonpath).  I'm still getting
some errors (No name aq_base in Acquisition sounds suspicious) but it is
working much better.  Good thinking about the try except imports, I had
not thought of that.

The idea was that by having a coverage score (i.e. number of
methods/classes with methods not covered by any interface) we can start
to chip away at adding and documenting our existing interfaces, and also
just generally making them easier to understand.  In zope we use them
mostly for generic setup export/import functionality and to register
specific components, and that's probably going to grow over time.

Miles