[Python-projects] pyqonsole question

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Mar 7 13:55:45 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 March à 09:21, Luiz T. Honda wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I would like to ask some questions about how to implement a new
> terminal using pyqonsole.
> I need to provide an IBM 3151 terminal in order to test another
> software which implements this old IBM terminal.
>
> Is it just a matter of copying EmuVt102 and change the method tau?
> I got the IBM 3151 escape sequences from termcap and I suppose I have
> to put these sequences into a copy of EmuV102, right?

Huum, I don't know enough about the difference between those two terms,
but I guess you may have to modify onRcvChar as well, which is
implementing the state machine. Unfortunatly those methods are not the
most clear parts of pyqonsole :(. You may also get some help from  Lars
Doelle which is the Konsole author, this code has been roughly
backported from it.

PS: I'm redirecting this discussion to the python-projects at logilab.org
mailing list where it should occurs.
Python et calcul scientifique:           http://www.logilab.fr/science