[Python-projects] pylint: rpython enabled if "disable-checker" in rcfile

Maarten ter Huurne maarten.ter.huurne at philips.com
Mon Mar 5 20:51:36 CET 2007

Hi,

I just upgraded to PyLint 0.13.1 and ASTNG 0.17.0. After upgrading I ran
into several bugs which all had "checkers/rpython.py" in their stack
traces. This surprised me because rpython is supposed to be disabled by
default.

The reason rpython was enabled in my setup is that my pylintrc contains
this line:
        disable-checker=design
Apparently not specifying any disabled checkers means rpython is disabled
implicitly. But as soon as you explicitly disable one checker, you must
explicitly disable rpython as well:
        disable-checker=design,rpython

By the way, the comment for the "disable-checker" option is this:
        # Enable all checker(s) except those with the given id(s). This
option conflict
        # with the disable-checker option
I think it should say it conflicts with "enable-checker" instead. Also,
"conflict" should be "conflicts".

I'll make minimal test cases for the rpython bugs and post them here
later.

Bye,
                Maarten