[Python-projects] Pylint bug: false error message "Module 'pysvn' has no 'wc_status_kind' member".

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Feb 9 11:31:23 CET 2007

On Friday 09 February à 10:19, Barry Scott wrote:
> Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> >On Thursday 08 February à 16:55, Barry Scott wrote:
> >>Is pylint failing to find wc_status_kind because its defined in a python
> >>extension?
> >>
> >>The pysvn module import * from _pysvn and _pysvn is an extension.
> >>

> >well, it might be if _pysvn C defined objects don't have __module__
> >correctly set to '_pysvn' in this case.
> What do you mean by correctly set? How does pylint figure out the members of
> an extension module? Why do you need __module__ set and on what?
>
> I happy to change pysvn to get this working once I understand the issue.

that's because when it build astng representation for C extension
module, it has to check the __module__ attribute of objects found
in the module (using dir(module)) to check they are actually belonging
to this module. Without that, it may get a wrong representation of this
module or even goes into possible infinite recursion problems.

Python et calcul scientifique:           http://www.logilab.fr/science