[Python-projects] Warning with >> Operator

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Mar 24 14:08:33 CET 2005

On Thursday 24 March à 13:39, Kring Gerhard wrote:
> Dear pyLint developers,
> I have a small improvement proposal:
> Currently I get the warning:
>
> C0323:239:EventProcessor.processCmdOutput: Operator not followed by a space
>         print >>outputFile, diagData
>
> I have seen  this format in many Python books and I find it o.k.
> Why not eliminate this specific warning for the unary >> Operator?

Hum... I agree. I'll take a look at this but this kind of bad formatting
error are detected using a set of regular expressions, not by analyzing
the abstract syntax tree where formatting details have been removed, and
so it's not easy to distinct between the unary and binary >> operator.
I'm not sure it's worth complicating existant regexps to handle this...
However a patch would be welcome ! ;o)

regards
--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).