[Python-projects] Check imported modules attributes

Alexandre AlF at logilab.fr
Tue Jun 21 17:33:44 CEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 10:19:06AM +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:

> > > Hum, I personnaly prefer keeping it as it is. On good days, I
> > > even try > to wrap docstrings to 72 chars
> > > (and 80 for code and comments).
> >
> > Oh, I see the problem.
> > I'm just parsing a file with Unix end-of-lines on a Windows
> > machine. (PyLint's own code, if you want to know)
> > The checks use os.linesep="\r\n" to split lines ending
> > with "\n". Hence the messages.
>
> gasp. This sounds like a bug...

You way want to look at the universal newline feature of Python,
depending on how the files are opened in pylint: using mode "U" to open a
file object should convert all kind of newlines to \n (requires
python >= 2.2). Check the builtin file() function for more information
on this.

--
Alexandre Fayolle                              LOGILAB, Paris (France).