[Python-projects] HTML file output

logilab.abcx at spamgourmet.com logilab.abcx at spamgourmet.com
Mon Apr 18 11:03:57 CEST 2005

On Monday, April 18, 2005 Sylvain Thénault - Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr wrote:
> I think the most logical behaviour of the --files-output option is:
> * write everything (i.e. messages + reports) in a single file when a
>   single package is given on the command line
> * write messages for each package in a separate file when more than one
>   package is given and each report in it's own file too (however having
>   a single file as today make sense too... opinion ?).

In my opinion it would be kind of confusing to have separate behaviors
when linting one item versus when linting 2 or more.

I think the best solution would be to make it customizable through
cfg options so that you could generate any combination of
separate/global files. You said you were looking for 1.0 ideas so
here are some ;)

[REPORTS]
# Tells wether to generate a report
reports=yes

# Tells wether to generate messages
messages=yes

[FILE-OUTPUT]
enable-file-output=yes

html=yes

# You can enable all of this or only some.

# Combine both global_report and global_messages in one file
global=yes
global_filename=pylint_global

global_report=yes
global_report_filename=pylint_global_report

global_messages=yes
global_messages_filename=pylint_global_messages

# Combine both individual_report and individual_report in one file
individual=yes
individual_filename=pylint_%s

individual_report=yes
individual_report_filename=pylint_%s_report

individual_messages=yes
individual_messages_filename=pylint_%s_messages