[Python-projects] HTML file output

logilab.abcx at spamgourmet.com logilab.abcx at spamgourmet.com
Mon Apr 18 10:23:17 CEST 2005

On Monday, April 18, 2005 Sylvain Thénault - Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr wrote:
> Hum, I'm not sure about what you want actually. With this patch, reports
> are written with the messages of the last module analyzed. Reports are
> done using datas from the whole set of analyzed modules, so that's
> probably not a really good location. But you make me think about an
> option that may be interesting: having each report in its own file.
> That's not what you were thinking about, is it ?

First of all, I don't really understand what's the difference between
messages and reports. Are messages the stuff printed on the console
when pylint is running and reports the things that ends up in the
report?

Anyway, here's what I want.

I have 3 batch files to lint 3 packages.

pylint-AP.bat => pyliny.py AP
pylint-px.bat => pyliny.py px
pylint-Test.bat => pyliny.py Test

I want each operation to dump it's result in a separate HTML file.
With the patch I've sent you, this works.

The above invocations generate 3 HTML files which I then load in
Firefox and use highlighting to look quickly for interesting warnings
(unused import and redefining builtin).

pylint_AP.html
pylint_px.html
pylint_Test.html

All the warnings are good, but due to some libraries I use (pywin32)
and some other things, I get many not so useful warnings (tons of
"Access to undefined member" since pylint can't see methods from C
extension objects and "Unused argument"). I can send you a sample
report if you wish.

>From your report I understand that something bad could happen?
Everything looks fine, but maybe I'm missing something.