[Python-projects] Another bug in pylint?

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Nov 3 12:43:06 CET 2004

On Wednesday 03 November à 09:27, Fabio Zadrozny wrote:
> Yes, I'm using version 0.5 and common 0.7
> If you still cannot reproduce it, I will check it to see if there is
> anything else that might be important... (or maybe you changed something
> else and made it work...)

I'll publish a bug fix release of logilab common libs this afternoon.
That may fix your problem, who knows ;)

> I also have one other doubt:
>
> I have a construct, so that I don't declare my attributes in __init__, but
> in the following way:
>
> class C:
> 	properties.create( attr0 = 0, attr1 = 1)
>
> And this method creates a property for attr1 and for attr2. This is done at
> runtime, so that when the class is imported, I have methods generated and
> the properties created. This is very useful to me, as I do many other
> 'metaprogramming' tricks based on this, but I get tons of errors saying that
> I acessed some variable that is not declared in the class using pylint.
>
> So, I would like to know: Is any chance I could get support for this?

hum, properties.create is a method of your own, right ? If so, you'll
probably have to customize pylint yourself to get it supported. I don't
think it would be that hard anyway, and can help you if necessary.

PS: please keep the discussion on the mailing list
--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).