[Python-projects] Bug in pylint?

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain.Thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Nov 2 15:09:31 CET 2004

On Tuesday 26 October à 10:30, Fabio Zadrozny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm one of the developers of pydev (python plugin for eclipse), and I'm
> trying to integrate pylint in it. It runs ok, but when I have new lines
> after the last character, it complains of a syntax error (I'm sending an
> example attached) - even though it runs correctly on python (version 2.3).
>
> With the command:
>
> lint.py
> d:\dev_programs\eclipse_3\eclipse\runtime-workbench-workspace\test\a\test_2.
> py
>
> The output I'm getting is:
>

> No config file found, using default configuration
> ************* Module test.a.test_2
> E: 38: invalid syntax

ok, it was actually because of a missing new line at the end of the file.
The next logilab's common release will fix this problem. Until it's
available, you can easily fix it by replacing line 95 of
logilab/common/astng/builder.py with :

        return self.ast_build(parse(data + '\n'))

--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).