[Python-projects] pylint warning

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain Thénault
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:18:10 +0100

On Wednesday 07 January à 12:07, Juergen Hermann wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Juergen !

> What is "W:256:main: Use builtin function 'filter'" supposed to mean?
> In the current form, it's an imperative to use the functional forms,
> but I suspect you mean it to be a warning regarding their deprecation.

Yep. Actually this is not bound to deprecation but to the arbitrary list
of functions listed in the "bad-functions" configuration variables, and
by default, this variable is set to the deprecated builtins.

> Which in turn means it should read
>
> W:256:main: Used builtin function 'filter'

for the reason explained below, I prefer that one. Fixed in the CVS.

> (Used vs. Use) or even better
>
> W:256:main: Used deprecated builtin function 'filter'

regards
--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).