[Python-projects] Re: pyreverse

Sylvain Thénault Sylvain Thénault
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:16:03 +0100

On Tuesday 18 November à 16:58, Perry Greenfield wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,

hi ! CCing python-projects@logilab.org where discussion about pyreverse
should occurs.

> I just tried installing and using pyreverse (as well as 4suite, common
> tools, optik, pyxml, argouml...am I missing anything?) No apparent problems
> with installation but trying to run pystats showed that the variable
> project in that file didn't appear to be defined. Supplying it with an
> arbitrary string made it work (perhaps there is some magic somewhere that
> defines that variable that isn't working).

there is a bug in pystats for that version which makes it choking when no -p
option is provided. Notice pystats is now included in pylint and won't
be supported in the next releases.

> Pyargo also didn't work, leading
> to an AtributeError for createDocumentType. This leads me to believe that
> I'm not doing something right either in running it or with the installation.
>
> Googling this last error I see it was reported in May and you gave a
> solution there. That seems to work. Still, I don't understand the problem
> with pystats.py.
>
> (This is all on windows using all the latest of everything and Python 2.3.1.
> Although optik is now part of Python2.3, it still apparently must be
> installed
> separately since pyreverse is still looking for it.)

this will be fixed in the next release.

--
Sylvain Thénault