[Python-logic] Where to get PyLog

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at free.fr
Tue Dec 26 12:23:02 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 11:35:18AM +0100, Andreas Karwath wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for a Prolog inference engine in Python. After scanning
> this list, I found a recent entry (May 2006) by Massimo Paolucci, who
> seems to be using exactly what I would need. Now, I tried to locate
> the pylog module on the logilab websites, and must admit that I
> didn't have any success.  I guess that this module is derived from
> Christophe Delord PyLog, but I am not sure...

There is no pylog on logilab's website.

> Could you give me a hint where to find this module ?

Actually there are several pylogs.

http://www.gocept.com/open_source_software/Pylog is an interface to SWI Prolog.

http://christophe.delord.free.fr/pylog/index.html is Christophe Delord's pure
python implementation.

There is also something called pylog in wxpython, but I'm not quite sure what
it involves.

You may also be interested in the prolog implementation available in pypy
(http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/lang/prolog/)

--
Alexandre Fayolle