[Python-logic] progress report

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat@logilab.fr
Fri, 24 May 2002 14:25:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

Just to let you know that we have made progress on the "solving CSP"
front. Alexandre Fayolle implemented the basis of a CSP solver that's
pretty similar to Peter Norvig's "csp.py" and "search.py" files (read more
about it by following the links from python-logic's web page).

We have been using it with some success to improve project scheduling in
pygantt (http://www.logilab.org/pygantt) and are about to apply it to
natural langage processing.

It definitely needs some work before we can publish it on the website (to
implement recursive propagation/distribution steps and get rid of
backtracking), but as the list is very quiet, I though I could let you
know that this thing is alive and kicking.

You may sensibly expect to see some code within ten days :-)

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais oł est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)