[Python-logic] (no subject)

Alexandre Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 16 May 2002 17:31:43 +0200

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 01:02:32PM +0200, my beloved CEO wrote:

> If ten people were now to post to meta-sig asking for the logic-SIG to
> become "official" right away, I'm sure it would. Otherwise, Logilab will
> continue its works to provide logic programming features to Python, in
> the same way Christian Tismer does for stackless.

Well, I have nothing against Stackless, but I think that the comparison
is not appropriate, since, for now, stackless is another version of the
interpreter.  I'd feel better if Logilab provided logic programming
features to python in the same way the numeric-python folks do for
number crunching.

I doubt the constraint propagation stuff will ever make it to the
standard library, if only because the biggest part of the user base
is not concerned by logic programming. However, I'd really like if we
could build an unofficial standard set of extensions similar to
numeric-python in its field.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).